Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Personal Q&A

CP3 stories are beaten to death, I dont know if or when he will be traded to whereever the NBA wants, so (with this being my 2nd post), i thought I'd put together a personal Q&A for my readers to see and to get to know who I am.

Q1. Who is 1 sports reporter you would want to be & why?
A: Scott Stanford, he's livin the dream. He does sports in the best market on earth, New York, and works for WWE. That's awesome if you ask me.

Q2. Who are your favorite sports teams?
A: New York: Yankees, Jets, Knicks, Rangers. Michigan Wolverines & Alabama Crimson Tide in college FB. Duke & Georgetown in college BB

Q3. Why two teams in college?
A: In football and basketball i like the teams that gave my pro team my favorite players, Bama- Joe Namath & Georgetown- Patrick Ewing. I know it may be weird but thats who i like in college

Q4. When did you realize you wanted to be a sports journalist?
A: When I was about 11 I found I had a knack for talking sports & when i found out it was a career, i wanted to pursue it

Q5. When did you become a WWE fan?
A: I wasnt allowed to watch wrestling on TV and around the time i was 9 my friend who was a fan had me over his house to play "WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth" I only knew Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Stone Cold and almost instantly enjoyed the game and about a month later I started watching the TV and my parents were okay with it.

Q6. What was your favorite sports event you went to?
A: I can say any Yankees game I've gone to with my dad but if i had to pick one it would have to be the 2000 ALDS Game 3 between the A's and Yankees. I didn't know i was going until the morning of so all day in school I was ecstatic about going to my first playoff game. My parents and my brother went up to Yankee Stadium when my dad got home from work. My dads seats got upgrade for no cost & once we got into the stadium my dad took my brother and me to Monument Park for the first time. While in Monument Park: Art Howe, Tim Hudson and Ramon Hernandez walked past us (it was pretty cool). My brother and I then proceeded to wipe our foreheads with our hands and wipe it across Babe Ruth's Monument (like Roger Clemens). It was the only game I ever sat in the lower deck on the first base side at the old Yankee Stadium. The Yankees won the game 4-2 with El Duque won the game with Mo picking up the save and the Yankees taking a 2-1 series lead. we sat by a tunnel and my brother was sitting the closest. My favorite memory from that game was seeing my brother put his arm out for high 5's and almost everyone stuck their hands out and game him a high 5. To this day it remains the only playoff game I've ever been to in any sport.

Q7. Any honorable mentions for favorite games?
A: Yankees first win at New Yankee Stadium 4/17/09 I was there & it was awesome
11/22/08 My first time at MSG, Knicks beat Wizards
My first Rangers game on 3/14/10 when the Rangers beat the Flyers 3-1 with 2 goals by Sean Avery
My First Mets game on Mother's Day 2000 Mets beat the Marlins, Mike Piazza (my favorite catcher ever) hit a grand-slam & I sat in the front row by the Marlins dugout
Hurricanes @ Flyers 12/11/08 Flyers came back from 5-1 down going into the 3rd & went on to win in a shootout (my only Shootout and Hat-Trick that I've seen live)
Seahawks @ Jets 2004 Jerry Rice made a great TD catch with the Seahawks
Jaguars @ Jets 2003 & 9/18/11 Watching the Jets beat my brothers Jaguars and going with him is up there for me
Mavs @ Knicks 2/2/11 went to the game with my best friend & even though the Knicks lost I got to boo justin bieber
Mets at Yankees 5/20/11 first subway series game, night after my prom, I went with my dad & 2 mets fans (my cousin & my prom date) it was fun...even though the Yankees lost
Yankees @ Mets 7/2/11 sat front row in left field, first Yankee "road game", mostly Yankee fans, yankees won

Q8. Any cool sports collections?
A: My Jerseys, been collecting since I was 3

Q9. Favorite jerseys?
A: For my favorite teams Yankees (my authentic pinstripe 2010 Derek Jeter) Jets (my green Joe Namath M&N throwback) Knicks (my blue swingman Jamal Crawford jersey because its what i bought at my first game) Rangers (my heritage authentic Mark Messier) non favorite team jerseys Baseball (tie between Canada WBC 2006/ 2010 authentic grey Joe Mauer) Football (my authentic black Ravens Steve McNair) Basketball (my authentic blue Cavs Shaq) Hockey (my authentic 2009 Winter Classic Blackhawks Patrick Kane)

Q10. What are your hopes for the blog?
A: To be entertaining & a good read for my readers

There's a little about me so we'll talk new NBA uniforms for the upcoming season

No comments:

Post a Comment