Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Farewell New Jersey


The Jason Kidd Jersey I wore to my first Nets game
As I posted the NBA preview, I forgot 1 teams new logo on purpose because I wanted to deticate a post to it. The team I'm talking about is my home state's team, the NEW JERSEY NETS. For their final season in the great state of New Jersey, the Nets have made their "35th anniversary in New Jersey" logo their primary. The logo is great as it combines all of the New Jersey Nets logos into one spectacular logo. However when you realize that after this season, we wont see a "40th anniversary in New Jersey" logo in 5 years. The Nets are on the move to Brooklyn and on their website shows the slogan "Jersey Strong, Brooklyn Ready" which, I.M.O is a slap across the face to Jersey's die hard fans such as my father. I personally will miss the Nets because over the years I have enjoyed going to see the Nets in person because I really don't see myself going to Brooklyn to see a game unless they're playing the Knicks or if I ever get paid to cover a game. Over the years I've been to countless Nets games whether they were playing at the Arena (or now called iZod Center) or now at Prudential Center in Newark. I remember my first Nets game back on February 6, 2004, I was in 5th grade and my mom got tickets from her old boss and asked me if I wanted to go. I remember driving up with my mom and calling my cousin Drew to tell him that I was going and asked him what it was like to go to a Nets game, he told me "when I went it was cool & the announcer says Jason Kidd's name really loud and fast when he scores". I was beyond excited to go, I was wearing a Red Nike Fauxback Jason Kidd jersey. The seats my mom got were unbelievable, they were right behind the basket and by the tunnel where the Orlando Magic came out. The Nets crushed the tanking for Dwight Howard Magic 120-99 and during the game I got Bill Walton's autograph. I've managed to make a few Nets games since then at the Arena since then including seeing their history making loss against the Mavericks on December 2, 2009. Other then that I've seen Nets play the Suns(on a few occasions such as the last game at iZod & D-Will's debut), Knicks (when they both were awful), Heat(when their only superstar was Wade) & Celtics(I was at the game when that fan went nuts when D-Will made that shot). I will be attending a few games at Prudential Center this year and it will be very upsetting for me when they move because I will miss just going up to see an NBA game in Jersey...well at least we still have the Devils(for now)

I will try to post tomorrow about players & teams I would like to see or have seen. STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment