Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Looking Towards April

I know I promised a post about teams and players but as I was on twitter today, someone posted a link about some exciting breaking news that I would like to share. The Yankees...yes the Yankees, along with the Red Sox will be wearing 1912 throwbacks to commemorate Fenway Park's 100th birthday. here is the link:
http://usatravel.abo...rk100/index.jsp


"April 20, 2012 - 100th Birthday of Fenway Park
Will commemorate 100 years of history at Fenway Park with a large-scale pre-game ceremony. The Red Sox will play the New York Yankees, same team (then the New York Highlanders) they played on April 20, 1912. Both teams will wear 1912 throwback uniforms"


Above is something I made up in paint using logos from sportslogos.net to recreate what the then Highlanders (Yankees) and Red Sox logos were, the Highlanders is from 1911 but I wouldn't be surprised to see this used because the logo in 1912 was the current Yankee cap logo in navy. This will be exciting to see for a Yankee fan like myself because never in the history of the most storied franchise in sports have they worn an alternate uniform or throwback. To quote Bart Scott, I "CAN'T WAIT!" for April 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment