Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zach Parise, "No Way NY"


It looks like this picture won't be changing anytime soon. As I've been informed time & time again today, Zach Parise said there is "no way" he'll sign with the Rangers and wants to stay with the New Jersey Devils. My friends have been texting me, facebooking me & tweeting me about this. I've heard "HA HA RANGERS SUCK" from one & from countless girls "my baby's staying! <3". My own father e-mailed me once he heard the announcement & my brother got on me and mocked my months of predicting Parise's arrival in Manhattan. So every Ranger fan, including myself, is wondering where do we go from here? Parise seemed like a perfect fit but then again he could have turned into Scott Gomez 2.0. The Rangers could wind up with Rick Nash but he would come at a heavy price with Columbus asking for a few First Round Draft Picks, Brandon Dubinsky, either Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDounagh & Chris Kreider. That's obviously a steep price for the Rangers to pay but they could turn around and offer Dubinsky, Derek Stepan, Artem Anisimov and a draft pick or two for Nash. Are there alternatives? YES! Alexander Radulov, Jarome Iginla, Ray Whitney, Bobby Ryan...the list goes on. Let the Devils keep Parise and not resign their other key free agents, Patrick Elias is going to be a free agent, he'd be a good fit but a long shot. I'm sure at the end of the day Glen Sather will do what is right for the Rangers and hopefully make Parise regret not signing with the Rangers. Hopefully we don't have a lockout to keep us from waiting for the outcome of this madness that is the NHL Offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment