Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI Preview


Well we're down to 2 teams in a rematch of Super Bowl XLII we have the New York Giants up against the New England Patriots. In a Jets fan's mind this is like Eminem & Royce Da 5'9...Bad Meets Evil. From the beginning of the playoffs I've had the Giants winning the NFC and the Ravens were oh so close before being bounced by the Patriots. Both teams are well matched on offense but the Giants have a slight advantage on defense. This game, if it lives up to expectations, should be a classic...for the final time for the 2011-12 NFL season, I will make my prediction then explain why I'm using a picture...
I'm going with the New York Giants in a 27-20 game that's decided in the 4th. No to all of you who think I'm a biased New York fan, I personally believe that when it comes down to it, the Giants have the better defense, I truly believe that...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've seen first hand how dangerous the Giants are in person (my christmas eve football wise wasn't great). Bart Scott said it best, New England's defense "can't stop a nose bleed". The Giants defense is more like a tissue then, the Giants are hot & look to have their sights on Lombardi. All that stands in their way is Eli's brother's mortal enemy...Tom Brady. I feel 27-20 is a right score, all though the Giants have a great defense, Tom Brady can connect on quite a few passes however, the Giants can bring some ELIte Salsa to the party in Indy.

 To all my readers who know me, yes I'm well aware that I'm in a Giants jersey in that picture above & I'm not a Giants fan. This pic was taken back in August at the Giants-Bears preseason game with my good friend Alexis who's a big time Giants fan. Next year I think I might take her approach to football, at that game and before that she told me the Giants wouldn't make the playoffs after the losses of Kevin Boss & Steve Smith and week after week she expected the worst for her team, even Christmas Eve when I knew the Jets would lose to either the Giants or Dolphins and not make the playoffs, both of us argued about our teams losing on our way up to MetLife Stadium. Nonetheless, in her disbelief her New York Giants are in the Super Bowl & my beloved Jets aren't, in fact when she put that hat on that day she said "I may have to wait a while to get a new one of these". Next year I'm taking up her way of thinking even though it'll be hard with Rex Ryan promising myself & fellow Jets fans the Super Bowl every year. The reason I was wearing a Giants jersey that night is because Alexis & I had a deal where if she wore a Jets jersey to the Jets game the night before, I would wear a Giants jersey that night. It's a respect thing between us, we were both equally giddy to see each other in the wrong jerseys. It's not like I haven't done that in the past, in 2009 & 2011 i waved the terrible towel in support of my friend Brandon's Pittsburgh Steelers and in 2010 I lost a friendly bet to my uncle on the AFC title game so I enjoyed Super Bowl XLIV in a Colts jersey. I love sports but it's all in good fun with family & friends, but i draw the line with Boston sports, sorry folks it's the Yankee fan in me, I've had that stance since i could talk. I can't leave you all with the vision of me in a Giants Jersey...
That's more like it...for me anyway! 

And here I am at the mathematical end of the Jets season & when I first thought the Giants would be going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

There's always next year fellow Jets fans (we've said it for too long)

That'll do it for my Super Bowl preview, good luck to both squads & I hope everyone enjoys the game no matter where you are or who you're for!

No comments:

Post a Comment