Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Devils Win Game 6, Advance to Stanley Cup To Face Kings


The New Jersey Devils have defeated the New York Rangers in 6 games to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. Just like in 1994 New Jersey jumped out to a 2-0 lead and the Rangers came back to tie the game. The only difference between 1994 & 2012, this one went to OT & New Jersey came out on top 63 seconds in thanks to an Adam Henrique goal. I was unable to watch Game 6 down in Cape May but thanks to Twitter & Verizon GameCenter I checked the score whenever I could. I'm enjoying my vacation but this put a little damper on it, one minute I'm down about the Rangers down 2-0, the next I'm happy because I hear they tied it & after that I'm upset after hearing about the Henrique goal. Here's my reaction to the game:
I went from enjoying a campfire to this within minutes, I'm 18 years old & couldn't help it...that's what happens when you have the passion of being a true fan.

My father & brother let my mother & I hear it about the game. I contacted every die-hard Devils fan I know to say "Hey you got us, good series". First up was my best friend since 6th grade & I let her rub it in & from there it got easier with every call/text/tweet/facebook. It's going to be a long summer for my fellow Ranger fans & I but I have a feeling that they'll be back next year & hopefully go all the way.

Back to the Devils...



The Devils earned this one, their 4th line played amazing all series & Marty Brodeur was on fire. Congratulations to the Devils who will now play the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals where the winner will be the lowest seed to ever win the Stanley Cup. It'll be a good one, that's for sure. The Stanley Cup Finals begins Wednesday at 8PM Eastern on NBC at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment