Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Devils Take Game 4


The Devils came out firing in Game 4 and tied the Eastern Conference Finals at 2 games a piece. The Devils scoring started 8:10 into the game with a goal by Bryce Salvador then about 4 minutes later Travis Zajac put the Devils up 2-0. Following a scorless 2nd period then Devils tallied their 3rd goal of the evening off of a Zach Parise Power-Play goal. Ruslan Fedotenko scored a goal for the Rangers to break a potential Shutout for Marty Brodeur but an empty net goal for Zach Parise put an end to the scoring as the Devils won this one 4-1.

Things in this one got really, really ugly. Ryan Callahan and Ilya Kovalchuk got into a few spats during this one while a comment from Marty Brodeur got him a punch from Mike Rupp after Rupp had been called on a pair of Roughing penalties which ultimately landed him a game misconduct. Stu Bickel and Ryan Carter earned themselves misconducts after an altercation. As if it wasn't enough with the players Devils coach Peter DeBoer and Rangers coach John Tortorella engaged in an argument that NBC's Pierre McGuire was standing in the middle of. This rivalry is getting very intese as the series now shifts to MSG for a pivotal Game 5 tonight at 8 on the NBC SportsNetwork.

The ending of this one reminded me of the Seinfeld episode "The Face Painter" when  David Puddy was bragging about how the Devils "took it to" the Rangers in a Game 4 with Cosmo Kramer replying "There's still 3 games left in this series!" Clearly that was the response from myself as my phone, facebook, twitter & even in my own house I heard trash talk from Devil fans. Here's the clip for everyone to watch from the classic Seinfeld episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMA

Sorry this Game 4 recap is up late, my WiFi was down since Monday night, I will post a Game 5 recap tomorrow at some point & if I'm lucky enough that I get the advertised WiFi at Big Timber Lake Camping Resort down in Goshen, NJ, I will post a Game 6 recap. If not you'll have to check my twitter (@Mike_Iannaccone) and the blog will be updated upon my return from my annual Camping Trip which I'm leave for Friday Morning!

On that note I hope everyone enjoys Game 5 tonight, I will not be watching or tweeting tonight as I will be attending a wake for my Great Aunt who passed away last Saturday. I'm lucky enough to have one of my best friends (a big Devils fan) updating me on tonight's game while I'm unable to watch.

Thanks for reading

GO RANGERS!
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment