Sports Talk, Sports Video Game Talk, Sports Rumors & Sports Logos

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Knicks New Uniform Speculation


As stated on this blog back on December 20, 2011 I said that the Knicks will be donning new uniforms for the 2012-13 NBA season. I'm on the record of saying that I hope the new uniforms will resemble the uniforms that were used from 1968-79 & 1983-1997 (this hideous design was used from 1979-83 http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=nh3u1lmmt6g47rr5q6v5oemgd), for those of you unfamiliar with Knicks uniform history I'm talking about the uniforms that the Knicks wore when Carmelo Anthony debuted with the team (pictured above). The shorts weren't always the same but the jersey was. It looks like I'll be getting what I've wished for as the uniforms that have been in use since 2001 have been on clearance racks since the Knicks fell to the Heat in the playoffs. I may have to go over to nbastore.com & customize a swingman for myself (why not it's what they wore when I went to my first Knicks game back in 2008).



To add to the speculation this picture of a Jason Kidd t-shirt popped up on nbastore.com which has a new script and a new logo on the neck, it's not the old "Subway Token" logo but rather the new alternate/fauxback logo that was added last year which can be found on the great sportslogos.net:

The new Knicks keep adding to the speculation as recently acquired guard Ronnie Brewer has changed his twitter avatar to this (see below). Now you have to remember the day the Knicks used those uniforms, Ronnie was playing for the Bulls and he clearly knows how to perfect photoshop.

I really hope I'm right, I praying that through all of this (as far as logos & uniforms go); the primary logo is the only bad thing about this era. I wouldn't mind seeing the Knicks bring back the blue & orange Yankee style interlocking NY and the old logo that was used until 1992 brought back. I can't get everything I want but I will certainly take this!

Come September I'll have a full logo & uniform preview up for the 2012-13 NBA season. I'll have one for the NFL coming later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment